Machine vision systems is a highly customized solution. For simple applications, we offer a standard vision system setup for our standard machine enclosures.
In a typical engineering project, the following steps are done:
- Define workpiece scope: size, shape, material, etc.
- Clarify the needs of performance vs. cost
- Free material testing in application lab
- Proposing the right hardware (camera, lens and lighting)
- Customize software to the application
In the LAS software family, Vision Manager is the module with functions that setup and control all types of intelligent vision sub-systems for the laser equipment, from laser micromachining video microscopes, to On-The-Fly laser marking vision validation, and linear or jointed robotics vision systems.
Vision systems can detect the location for marking and engraving on a workpiece.
- Eliminates costly fixtures
- Identify the workpiece by shape matching
- Target positioning using contrasting features
Barcode Reading and OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
Vision systems can read barcodes for part information and, or, marking information.
- Character Recognition
- Barcode Recognition
- 2D Code Recognition
Vision systems can measure and calculate features of a particular area.
- Circle diameters
- Average, Min. and Max. measurement values
- Find irregular workpiece edges
- Measure pin interval and count
Vision systems can inspect the marking surface for defects in the marking process. This can be used for validating parts after being processed by the laser.