- Hardwood for heavy duty and plywood for light duty. “Bug stamp” or ISPM-5 mark for international shipping
- Nail in anti-shake boards if the crate space is larger than equipment and add foam filler to minimize pressure and impact
- Vacuum seal or add desiccant for moisture and material to prevent dew accumulation.
Bindings for the palette
- Film coating or anti-corrosive painting for oversize bulk shipping
- Pallet or buffer wood blocks underneath the equipment
- Soft pad between the top of the equipment and bind belt/cable.
- Bind belt/cable shall be longitudinal along vehicle motion detection.
- Buffer filler placed between the right and left gap as necessary
Shipping Quality Control Stickers
- Monitor that the package was kept upright with a “Tip N Tell” indicator
- Monitor if the package was dropped with a “Shock Watch” indicator
- Warning labels for Fragile, Glass, Electronic Material, and Delicate Instrumentation
- Attention Receiving label for insurance claim procedures
- Shipping documents kit provided for inspection upon receiving
Move by hand
- Wear shoes with toe protection and gloves
- Check doors and/or covers are closed
- Check if cables are connected and parts are tied down
- Check if moving path is free of obstructions
- Check moving speed is less than 0.1 m/s
Move by Forklift
- Driver must be trained and licensed
- Equipment should be packed after lifting
- Double check the lifting stress point
- Avoid hitting the caster feet/wheels and slide the forks fully in
- Keep balance by finding the gravity point
Hoist by Crane
- Use two binding belts, cables, or iron chains with equal length
- Keep balanced before hoisting
- Max. tensile force of the binding material must be higher than equipment weight
- Length must satisfy the h1>1.5*h2, otherwise place a rubber pad on the top surface of the equipment.
The following are general instructions for laser equipment storage; please consult your user’s manual for detailed instructions regarding your system.
- Before storage, make sure all liquid coolant has been drained from the laser pump cavity; the laser source as a whole; any internal reservoirs and heat exchangers; and the integrated chiller. (If applicable)
- The equipment should be packed and stored in its original case. Maintain an ambient temperature of 32~104 degrees Fahrenheit (0~40 degrees Celsius), and relative humidity of 10~95%. (This is general data. The specific data-sheet for your equipment can be found in the user’s manual and in the original quote or sales order)
- If the day and night temperature difference is significant, and air conditioning is not continuously running, then special attention must be paid to the dew point to avoid damage to the laser source, lens, and other electronic components.
- The packaging case should be laid on a bridged board with at least 8 inches raised above the ground. Desiccant should be placed in the packaging case.
- DO NOT stack cases more than two high.
- DO NOT store the equipment together with any harmful gases, flammable, explosive, or corrosive substances.
- DO NOT store the equipment near areas of excessive ground vibration, or near sources of high EMF radiation.